Job descriptionPosition: Enrollment Coordinator, High School Summer Abroad
Reports to: Sales Manager
Department: Global Navigator High School Study Abroad
Location: New Jersey, Connecticut or upstate New York
Who we are:
Council on International Education and Exchange (CIEE) is a nonprofit study abroad and intercultural exchange organization that transforms lives and builds bridges between individuals and nations through study abroad and international exchange experiences that help people develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world.
Why work with us:
You will change the world. CIEE builds bridges between different people, different countries, and different cultures. We help young people participate in high-quality international exchange and study abroad programs that bring the world together. We change lives, our alumni change the world. Be part of the change!
You will receive a competitive total rewards package. CIEE provides all employees with exceptional benefits offerings that increase total compensation by upwards of 25%. Our top-tier benefits include premium healthcare insurance, annual Company contributions to your retirement fund (up to 5%), generous personal time off (including vacation, holidays, and floating Fridays) and the full-suite of insurance
You will be part of a fast-paced, international, diverse, and collaborative team of professionals. CIEE operates the largest nonprofit network of study abroad locations, with facilities and staff in 26 countries. Additionally, we help international participants from over 130 countries come to the USA each year. Committed to excellence and solving whatever problem the world throws at them, CIEE professionals work on international teams, and are dedicated to advancing our 75-year-old mission to make the world a more peaceful place
Who you are:
As an Enrollment Coordinator you will works closely with study abroad applicants and their families through the entire application and pre-departure process. You will manage your application pipeline, and strive towards student enrollment goals through timely, targeted outreach to students and parents. You will guide students through the scholarship application process, creating access to study abroad. You have an eye for detail to ensure students are adequately prepared for travel, while grounding your work in the overarching goals and outcomes of studying abroad. You enjoy providing customer service and working on programmatic projects equally.
You will work with the Sales Representative in your territory to understand the specific needs of schools within your territory. Together you will maximize your conversion of leads to travelled participants. You may occasionally have the opportunity to present CIEE High School Summer Abroad programs to students and parents virtually or in-person.
What you’ll do:
- Coach participants and families through the scholarship and application process
- Champion communication with parents and applicants about application requirements, program acceptance, pre-departure preparedness, and provide timely program updates
- Host virtual student and parent facing webinars, presenting to large groups at a time
- Review and accept student applications in a timely manner
- Use the CRM system Salesforce to prioritize your enrollment pipeline and meet enrollment goals
- Provide phone coverage for the department’s customer service line
- Prepare and update pre-departure information, including readings and orientations
- Work with local CIEE staff to resolve participant issues during program and communicate updates to natural parents
- Domestic travel, as needed to support student recruitment and preparation. International travel up to 1 time per year, to chaperone student flights
- Provide travel day support to students and parents, assisting them through travel interruptions and delays
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll bring:
- A minimum of 2 years demonstrated customer service or sales skills experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to navigate challenging conversations
- Language skills in Spanish, Mandarin or Arabic are a plus
- Experience working with diverse high school students a plus
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Suite and a willingness to learn new applications required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required
- Flexibility to work some evening hours during heavy selling seasons
- Knowledge of the education, travel or work abroad industry are a bonus
- Willingness to be a flexible team player, ready to jump in and do whatever it takes get students prepared to travel
- Ability to embrace CIEE’s Core Values (Excellence, Integrity, Respect, Inclusion and Problem Solving) and culture
CIEE believes that diversity matters and those professionals with diverse backgrounds provide diverse approaches and ideas to solving problems and finding ways to advance our mission to bring the world together. Candidates from underrepresented groups with diverse backgrounds and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to federal regulations a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment
As a condition of employment with CIEE, all new employees must comply with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires proof of full vaccination status, subject to any local laws or restrictions