Job descriptionEarly Childhood Food Services Worker SY 22-23 - (50009657) Description
Assists in the preparation and serving of food during mealtimes. Delivers and/or serves meals to students and assists students when required.
- Receives food deliveries; verifies receipt of items listed on the invoices; reports any shortages found.
- Assists in preparing dining and serving areas of schools/heats food as needed; delivers and/or serves meals to students; provides assistance to students as needed.
- Cleans eating and storage areas; may clean ovens and refrigerators periodically.
- Assists in monitoring students' activities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to:
- learn routine school procedures.
- read and write English.
- follow simple written and oral instructions.
- work effectively with individuals or groups of children in school areas.
- establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Education equivalent to the completion of the twelfth school grade;
- Must be parents of children currently or formerly enrolled in the Prekindergarten Head Start Program.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
References ADA, 42 U.S.C.S, Section 12113 (d) – Person in job must not have nor contract any disease listed by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. Such person may be removed from their job pursuant to the American with Disability Act and due process.
Primary Location: The School District of Philadelphia Job: Food Services Organization: The School District of Philadelphia Regular Employee Status: Entry Level Job Posting: May 24, 2022, 4:54:20 PM Union Affiliation: Local 634 UNITE HERE (634) Overtime Status: Non-exempt Unposting Date: Ongoing