Job descriptionAt Planet Fitness, our mission has always been to enhance people’s lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a welcoming, judgement free environment. We are proud to be one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, and we’re grateful for the amazing Planet Fitness team that supports our 2,000+ clubs and millions of members every day.
Our Planet Fitness team is comprised of dynamic, dedicated and talented individuals who represent our values of integrity, transparency, passion, respect, and excellence (while having fun!) in everything they do.
Joining the PF family means being part of a company that cares about bettering the health and wellbeing of our communities. It means being a part of a supportive, engaging workforce with an inclusive culture that values diversity and creates an environment where everyone can feel they belong. It means encouraging professional growth and development. It means making true, lasting connections with your co-workers with celebrations, team building activities and engaging corporate events! It means creating a positive impact in our local communities through our Judgement Free Generation® philanthropic initiative. It means being part of a brand that you can be proud of!
For the past 25 years, we’ve helped millions of people in their fitness journey and revolutionized the industry along the way. And we’re just getting started!
Our Corporate Club Operations team is searching for a Director, Facilities. Ideal candidate will reside in or around the Orlando market and will be expected to travel to various locations, including corporate headquarters in Winter Park.
Disclosure: salary range provided by job boards may not be a direct reflection of Planet Fitness’s compensation for this role.
About the Role
The Director, Facilities will be responsible for overseeing and directing all facilities maintenance for Planet Fitness’s corporate locations. This role will provide leadership to the Facility Maintenance Team by managing and directing all maintenance projects for Planet Fitness Corporate Clubs and continually identifying opportunities to ensure the safe, timely and efficient operation of PF corporate locations and while ensuring a high-quality member experience.
In this role you will
- Hire, train and develop a team of certified facility maintenance technicians.
- Partner with the Operations team to lead the facility maintenance team in the timely execution of daily work order assignments from inception through completion. Assignments will include routine, preventative and emergency maintenance repairs as well as small project work.
- Partner with the operations team to create a club visitation structure for facility maintenance technicians.
- Take full responsibility for the continued development and maintenance of the Helpdesk/Work Order system from end to end.
- Partner with Corporate Operations to manage the repair/maintenance and cleaning budgets.
- Play an integral role in the planning and management of the annual operating budget to maximize ROI across all corporate club locations.
- Manage R&M capital spend to budget.
- Once per quarter, conduct one market visit per division coordinating travel with respective Regional Managers or Directors.
- Conduct annual club facility audits to evaluate current conditions and identify repair and maintenance opportunities and CAPEX projects for the upcoming year(s) to would include projected expenses and level of priority.
- Partner with Construction on new club builds, remodels and renovations.
- Develop and maintain a schedule of preventative maintenance. Continually review program and implement changes for improving efficiency.
- Partner with vendors to deliver reporting capabilities that analyze and report on key metrics relating to repair performance (Number of repairs processed, average time to update, complete and resolve work orders, number of club visits) as well as vendor performance (Quality of work, response times, pricing).
- About You
- 8+ years of experience in facilities management for a multi-unit retail corporation. 5 plus years of experience in a management capacity.
- Proven experience creating, tracking and managing large capital budgets (Up to 10 Million) with a solid understanding of finance and accounting principles.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, on time and within budget.
- Strong knowledge of retail facilities management principals and proven experience in RFP and bidding process, reviewing and negotiating contractual terms and conditions.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and City codes and regulations involving life safety.
- Ability to create project schedules, working within tight deadlines.
- Ability to travel approximately 50%.
- Extremely detail-oriented, efficient, and organized with an exceptional ability to establish priorities and objectives.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills along with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, including executives.
- Able to establish and maintain effective, collaborative work relationships with diverse individuals, internally and externally.
- Creative, progressive, thought leadership with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent leadership skills including the ability to build teams, motivate, guide, and mentor.
- Possess a results-driven entrepreneurial mindset, demonstrating initiative and creativity
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, creative problem-solving, and organizational leadership skills.
- Exhibits comfort, ease, and flexibility working in an extremely fast-paced ever-changing, deadline-driven environment.
- Cooperative team player with an upbeat, positive, “can-do” attitude!
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, pharmacy, dental and vision benefits
- Generous vacation/holiday pay
- 401(k) Retirement
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Childcare reimbursement
- Pet care reimbursement
- Learning and development programs
- Discount programs, including vacations, theme parks, shopping, meal delivery services & much more
- Free Black Card membership and fun exercise incentives
- Company-sponsored social events
This is a remote position.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Springfield, VA+1 location $87,182 - $135,206 a year Today
Schreiber Foods Green Bay, WI $22.50 an hour 30+ days ago
Nanny & Butler - USA Deerfield Beach, FL+1 location $100,000 - $150,000 a year 30+ days ago
The American Fence Company Cedar Rapids, IA 52404+1 location $70,000 a year 5 days ago
Viva Chicken Indian Land, SC 29707 $80,000 - $100,000 a year 7 days ago