Job descriptionWe are one growing team with one powerful goal — and as a global leader in education, we strive for a workforce that reflects the individual differences of our learning community. We believe that our employees can be their best selves when they can be their true selves. That is why we’re committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion in which all our employees feel welcomed, valued and empowered. Together, we will shape the future of education by transforming lives beginning with yours. Our Workforce Is Expanding Beyond New Hampshire! We have remote work opportunities available in the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia and Wyoming. The Opportunity The Deputy Chief Information Security Officer drives complex cybersecurity strategy, activities, and operational efforts for the University. This includes planning and leading cybersecurity projects and operations, either independently or as part of larger University programs. You have relevant security expertise, project management experience.
Guide. facilitate the University's cybersecurity strategy and work efforts, including, security operations, consultation, and solution development in collaboration with the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO).
- Partner with and advise the CISO, other ITS Leadership, Executive Management on relevant cybersecurity matters.
- Develop meaningful metrics to improve the efficacy of Cybersecurity services
- Foster strategy and develop SNHU's cybersecurity teams and practices
- Guide, manage Directors and senior individual contributors.
- Oversee the development of a roadmap for the Security Architecture, Engineering, and Operations team and contribute to the cybersecurity roadmap
- Design and implement a cybersecurity practice for the University with consideration to the trade-offs required to manage the different levels of risk tolerance and risk exposure across the organization and balance this with risk investments.
- Create business case with the Information Security Management Office leads to secure FTEs and Budget
- Manage vendor relationships, including participation in contract negotiations, renewals, and tracking
- Lead incident response, and security authorization projects, and all other responsibilities as directed by the University's Chief Information Security Officer.
- Partner with the AVP of Governance, Risk, and Compliance, and across ITS and other departments to identify and address risks, develop solutions and mitigating controls, implement controls, and address residual risk.
- Lead and create the portfolio of Security projects with care for the University's cybersecurity and GRC efforts.
- Monitor industry trends, developments keeping up to date with latest technology and practices in cybersecurity.
- Develop respective leaders and individuals within our organization
Min of 10 years of experience leading technology and cybersecurity teams, either Information Security or Cybersecurity Architecture, Engineering, or Operations.
- Master's-level education in Information Assurance, Business Administration, or relevant discipline.
Equivalent of experience in lieu of degree acceptable : Yes
Excellent communication, technical writing, project management, and public speaking skills
- Relevant professional certification, such as CISSP, CISA, CAP, GSLC, CISM, or GCCC
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Experience with cybersecurity frameworks NIST CSF, OWASP, CIS top 20, Mitre att&ck framework,
We would like to see:
Experience participating in cybersecurity incident response activities
- Familiarity of relevant compliance requirements, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS), Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act (GLBA) and other regulations associated with Title IV
Thinking about the job, but not sure you should apply? We still want to hear from you. We recognize that not everyone enters the world of work with the same advantage, opportunity, and privilege. This is why your skills and experiences are important to us. Take the leap and apply, you just might be the person we are looking for! Are Benefits Important to You? We offer exceptional benefits, many available starting on the first day of employment: Anthem BlueCross affordable, low-deductible Medical insurance available on day one Low to no-cost Dental, Vision and Life Insurance options 5 weeks of Paid Time Off that starts accruing on day one & Paid Holidays A Retirement Plan with a 9% Employer Funded annual contribution Tuition Benefits with family offerings Who Are We? SNHU employees are a team in every sense. Separately, we understand that each individual brings unique experiences, perspectives and ideas to create a vibrant work environment. Together we share common values of honesty, acceptance and accountability working as a unified force toward a common goal: to transform the lives of learners. By joining our team, you join us in our vision. Together, we’ll shape the future of education by transforming lives—beginning with yours. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Remote work disclaimer Please note that this is a remote eligible position. At SNHU, we ask that our remote employees have access to a reliable internet connection and a dedicated, properly equipped workspace at a fixed location within the United States (in one of the approved states as reflected above) that is free of distractions and dependencies. Please note that a background check is required for employment.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
DHL Supply Chain Wichita, KS 67202 $18.00 - $18.75 an hour 17 days ago
RJ Corman Railroad Co/Tennessee Terminal LLC Olive Branch, MS 4 days ago