The Dedicated Logistics Manager has ownership of the dedicated account’s profitability through the day to day operations, which include driver management, load planning, and all customer service functions needed to ensure customer satisfaction. The operational functions include supervision of personnel, revenue generation, billing, safety, equipment maintenance monitoring, and driver payroll. Coordinates and enforces standards and procedures to work safely and meet key performance indicators (KPI’s) established by Werner Enterprises and our customer.
Overall account management of key factors such as account profitability, revenue generation, invoicing, personnel management, driver turnover, fleet sizing, load planning, and direct/on-site
- Overall Account Management of key factors such as account profitability, revenue generation, invoicing, personnel management, driver turnover, fleet sizing, load planning, and direct /onsite customer interaction.
- Daily supervision of office personnel (0-10 employees) and drivers (1-200 employees) assigned to respective account.
- Continually focusing on driver training and driver retention.
- Responsible for account profitability and growth.
- Maximize asset utility while focusing on idle reduction and mpg improvement strategies.
- Assigning drivers to loads by optimizing load information such as origination, destination, type of freight, number of miles, backhauls, stops, directions, etc. with driver needs and availability. This is done using our operating systems, driver telematics, face-to-face, and phone/text communication.
- Demonstrates a commitment to safety, with the support of Werner’s corporate safety department, enforcing compliance with Federal, State and Organizational rules and regulations.
- Promotes a safety culture by evaluating the safety performance of all employees in an effort to eliminate the costs associated to: lost production, increase insurance premiums and medical/legal expenditures.
- Expected to promote innovation while gaining an understanding of the nature of the operations of the business to understand the hazards and risks associated with those operations.
- Able to use the appropriate resources and processes to eliminate or minimize risks to health and safety from work.
- Ensures there are appropriate processes for receiving and considering information regarding incidents, hazards and risks while responding and acting in a timely manner.
- Ability to implement processes for complying with specific duties, obligations and regulations.
- Reviews and audits weekly invoicing for accuracy.
- Establish and maintain positive and professional working relationships with drivers, internal associates and customers.
- Interface with various departments such as billing, vans, customer service, risk, safety, payroll, fuel, maintenance and external vendors.
- Ensures compliance with all policies and procedures while making safety conscious decisions and promoting a safety culture.
- Monitor performance metrics and participate in customer meetings.
- Coordinate the maintenance of the assets and equipment designated to the account.
- Coordinate HR functions such as interviewing, hiring, discipline and separations.
- Complete required account reporting for internal and external customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing, Management, or Transportation/Logistics, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to three years customer service experience preferred.
- Two to three years transportation experience preferred.
- One to two years AS400 and P.C. experience preferred.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $63,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Driver Management: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location