Title: Data Entry Clerk Department: Contribution Accounting
Bargaining Unit: NBU
Position Type: Non-Exempt Status: Full Time
Enters data into computer to update employee records by fund type, via information supplied by participant's employer by performing the following duties
"Has minimum necessary access to Protected Health Information (PHI) and Personally Identifiable Information (PII) by Job Description/Role."
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Enter alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data from source documents into computer following format displayed on screen, and enter necessary information
- Compare data entered with source documents, and reenter data if errors are evident
- Verify employer name and federal ID number, work month and work period of source documents
- Verify skill level of participant on source document upon entering the information
- Time stamp source documents upon completion of entering the data
- Make necessary corrections to information
- Route source documents after completion to appropriate processor
- Meet set quality and production requirements set forth
- Complete audit challenges within the required 3 day time frame
- Respond to inquiries regarding entered data
- Update participant master records
- Print and mail participant update forms
- Follow written guidelines for handling Protected Health Information in accordance with current HIPAA and Zenith American Solutions guidelines.
- Provide and accept assistance within the department and extra duties or change of assignment when necessitated by office working conditions.
- Properly maintain an organized work area.
- Follow office rules and regulations as indicated in the employee handbook.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of experience of data entry.
- Organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of the sensitive nature of working with personal information and the ability to maintain discretion.
- Computer proficiency including MS Office tools and applications.
- Understanding of third-party administrator or Taft Hartley environment.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other applicable federal and state law, it is the policy of Zenith American Solutions to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact the Recruiting Department at [email protected], and we would be happy to assist you.
Zenith American Solutions
Real People. Real Solutions. National Reach. Local Expertise.
We are currently looking for a dedicated, energetic Data Entry Clerk with the necessary skills, initiative, and personality, along with the desire to get the most out of their working life, to help us be our best every day.
Zenith American Solutions is the largest independent Third Party Administrator in the United States and currently operates over 44 offices nationwide. The original entity of Zenith American has been in business since 1944. Our company was formed as the result of a merger between Zenith Administrators and American Benefit Plan Administrators in 2011. By combining resources, best practices and scale, the new organization is even stronger and better than before.
We believe the best way to realize our better systems for better service philosophy is to hire the best employees. We're always looking for talented individuals who share our dedication to high-quality work, exceptional service and mutual respect. If you're interested in working in an environment where people - employees and clients - really matter, consider bringing your talents to Zenith American!
We realize the importance a comprehensive benefits program to our employees and their families. As part of our total compensation package, we offer an array of benefits including health, vision, and dental coverage, a retirement savings 401(k) plan with company match, paid time off (PTO), great opportunities for growth, and much, much more!