Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum builds software that helps public affairs professionals work smarter and move faster. Our philosophy is people-first, whether we're supporting team members in their careers or prioritizing our clients with a best-in-class customer success program. Quorum's clients use our tools to bring a modern approach to advocacy work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and more than a dozen countries.
The Data Collector needs to manage government contact records within a proprietary database through the use of research (Internet, telephone, email, government reports), proofreading, data audits and website monitoring. res, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and more than a dozen countries.
What You’ll Do
- Updating of database records
- Internet research
- Telephone research
- Email communications
- Data audits
- Website monitoring analysis
- Government reports evaluations
- You have experience working in a database or other data entry environment
- You are highly organized
- You are a good communicator
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- You are a quality researcher
- You are detail oriented
- You are interested in political science, civics, or advocacy
About the Editorial Team
The Editorial Team oversees the maintenance of one of the country’s largest government contacts databases. The coverage includes the Federal Government, State Governments, County Governments and Municipal Governments. The coverage also includes federal and state candidates.
Our Work Environment:
- The Editorial Team, operating from Lorton, VA, is a division of Quorum; a hybrid company headquartered in Washington, DC. Editorial team members work in the Lorton office, in hybrid, and fully remote arrangements.
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
If you'd like to have a big impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
- $15.00 an hour/Full time 40 hour work week
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Company holidays plus additional company-wide days off for team members to rest and recharge
- Four Day Weekends for President’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day
- Free Subscription to the Calm app
- Invest in Yourself Days - one designated day per quarter is dedicated to your professional development!
- Monthly professional development stipend
- One-time Work from Home Stipend
- 401k match
- Choice of trans-inclusive medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options
- Access to the CIGNA Ginger App to provide behavioral health coaching, therapy, psychiatry and self-care resources
- Virtual and in-person team events
- Bright sunlit open office concept with your own dedicated desk (if you want it)
- Inclusion & Diversity Affinity Groups to support belonging
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
Quorum Is Working to Advance Pay Equity: What Does That Mean For You?
In an effort to continue to build a diverse and inclusive work environment that advances pay equity, Quorum has implemented a “No Negotiation” policy for base salary for new hires for roles that are currently staffed by three or more team members. This means that candidates for the Data Collector role cannot negotiate Quorum’s base salary offer.
Here’s our promise to you:
- We will not ask you what you are currently earning.
- We will consider years of relevant experience, relevant professional certifications/education, and performance expectations in setting what we believe is a competitive, fair base salary offer.
- We will be transparent about our compensation structure (see above) so that all candidates have equal access to compensation information and can make an informed decision about whether or not Quorum is the right workplace for them.
If you are interested in learning more about how negotiation impacts pay equity and/or why other start-ups have decided to implement a “No Negotiation” policy of some type, here are a few resources: Project Include, AAUW, Ministry for Women, Magoosh.
Note: Quorum does not endorse or verify any of the information provided in the resources on the impact of negotiation on pay equity. We provide these resources simply to increase awareness of a topic we believe is important for both employers and candidates to consider.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 per hour