Customer Support Associate
We're looking for English speaking Customer Support Associate to join our brand new team of Customer Support Rockstars at Wise! You'll be among the first Wisers to support our North American customers from our new Austin, Texas office.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world's first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
You'll receive a competitive package including a starting salary of $20.30 per hour + Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company + best in class benefits! (more info below )
Read more about our open roles and Wise here: https://www.wise.jobs
The projected start date for this role will be in early to mid August
Your mission is to help customers have an excellent experience with Wise via phone, email, or chat lines. This isn't your normal call center - we do things differently - and our Customer Support Associates are here to help millions more potential customers save money by using Wise!
- Provide world-class customer support via email, phone, and chat channels for English speaking customers all over the world
- Understand that making a customer happy is crucially important to a business's success and you make that your goal for every contact
- Be creative, friendly, and solution-oriented with customers and colleagues
- Understand the need to meet expectations, rise above them, and go that extra mile for customers
A bit about you:
- You have exceptional verbal & written English skills - Phone, email, and chat contacts are the main responsibility for this role, so clear communication is key, and we'll be evaluating yours all the way through from your application to the final interview
- You're flexible. Open to working days, evenings, and occasional weekend shifts. While your scheduling preferences are taken into consideration, the scheduling requirements can change based on our customer's needs, so we can't guarantee you your preferred shift and shifts can change over time. For the North America teams, most shifts fall between 8am - 7pm CT, and each agent works 2 weekend days per month (your first month or so would be a regular 9am-5pm schedule while you complete your initial paid CS training)
- You're organized. You're methodical in your approach, with a solution-oriented mindset and the ability to multitask. Your lead will help you develop and remove blockers if they can, but they won't stand over your shoulder. Your Lead will be entrusting you with the autonomy to meet and exceed your performance metrics and also deliver a great customer experience
- You're cool under pressure. You take charge in challenging situations and you keep your composure if things get tense - a fast-paced, ever-changing environment is where you thrive
- You're a team-player. You're straight up and honest. You're able to own up to your mistakes and you follow through when you say you will.
- You're growth-oriented. You understand that an open feedback culture is there to help you grow. You crave information and love learning new things. You challenge ideas, not people. You see every challenge as a learning opportunity and you're adaptable, learning new systems and processes quickly
- You're technically inclined. You're quick behind the keyboard, with a typing speed of at least 35 words-per-minute and you can learn new software and systems quickly - Knowledge of CRM tools (like Zendesk, Twilio, or similar) that support chat, phone, and email channels would be helpful
- You're ideally someone who has worked in customer support before (preferably in banking or finance), but we're willing to work with the right person, whatever your experience. We're looking for genuine people who work hard and love helping others, so if that sounds like you, tell us why you're a great fit!
- Most importantly - you understand that having a great working culture is everyone's responsibility, so you treat everyone with respect, you always give a helping hand, and you let our values guide you
- You've got at least a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Any additional languages are always welcome!
- Must already be legally authorized to work in the US, we cannot provide Visa sponsorship for this role
- This role is based in Austin, Texas, where we currently have a co-working space while we build out our permanent location. You'll travel to Tampa, Florida for two weeks to do Wise Company Onboarding, then work in a Hybrid model once back in Austin after training has been completed.
- $20.30 per hour starting salary
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) package
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance - including HSA and FSA options
- Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- 25 days of PTO + 15 paid sick days + 11 paid banking holidays + 5 paid compassionate leave days + 3 paid "Me" days + a paid volunteer day, annually
- 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- 6-week paid sabbatical after 4 years with us
- Hybrid working - up to 3 days/week working from home, the other 2 days in the office
- 5%-7.5% additional salary differential for Spanish, Portuguese, or French languages
- Click HERE for more info on benefits
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact - You'll fuel this revolution as the first point of contact for our customers. We're all about intellectual curiosity, growth, and a solution-oriented mindset, because after all, this isn't just a job to us!
- Be Yourself - We're looking for team members who have friendly personalities that are fun to work with! We don't believe in scripts or dress codes and we embrace everyone for who they are. We're not interested in drama, only good Karma!
- Work Globally - Our customers are all over the world and our team members are just as diverse. We're 3000+ Wisers strong, with over 90 nationalities working in offices from Austin to Australia, and several places in-between.
- Inspire Teams - With your ideas, knowledge, self-starting attitude, and customer insight, you'll directly drive innovation and help us make money borderless! Whatever the mission, we get it done!
We're people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you're passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you'll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we'd especially love to hear from you if you're from an under-represented demographic.