Customer Relations Agent-Remote
$50,000 a year
NOTE- All eligible candidates must reside in the state of California
The role of a Customer Relations Agent is to be a Viking brand ambassador, responsible for rebuilding trust and strengthening Viking’s relationship with the customer while protecting the company brand. The Customer Relations Agent is the subject matter expert of customer solutions and ensures the best customer experience throughout the journey from booking to post-trip. The Customer Relations Agent manages inbound and outbound phone calls discussing the guest’s post-cruise perspective about their overall experience. The Agent’s role is to reinforce a customer-centric attitude to maximize customer satisfaction using strong conflict resolution, negotiation and mediation skills with excellent verbal and written communication to provide exceptional customer care.
- Post cruise guest retention efforts through professional compassion focusing on empathy and guest education.
- A customer advocate highlighting the guest’s perspective and experiences with the objective of promoting positive change within the organization.
- Handle Tier I and Tier II escalation cases as customer experience specialists
- Protect and promote the company brand by building and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Work independently managing a variety of cases that require critical thinking, research, and negotiation skills within short deadlines to provide customer solutions.
- Act and communicate on behalf of the executive team.
- Promote a friendly and collaborative business relationship with teammates and other interdepartmental teams.
- Maintain accurate information within the company Customer Relations Management database.
- Maintain a position of trust and responsibility by keeping customer information and interactions confidential.
- Real- time communication of trends, high risk, and sensitive situations to management.
- Exceptional customer service skills with genuine desire to assist guests, teams and colleagues.
- Possesses strong communication skills, eagerness to collaborate, share and assist.
- Works independently without requiring follow-up.
- Computer skills and familiarity with PowerPoint, Excel, Word, MS Outlook, MS CRM Dynamics
- Professional phone etiquette, business communication, negotiation and mediation skills.
- Ability to solve problems practically and deal with a variety of variables in situations with inconsistent information, and willing to do what is needed to complete a task.
- Research and analytical skills for collecting and evaluating information and data.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years dispute resolution/mediation/negotiation experience desired.
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance benefits at a highly subsidized rate
- 401(k) with company annual match
- Transportation reimbursement
- Paid training
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Opportunity to take a free and/or discounted Viking cruise
- Other travel discounts through IATA
- Discounted theater, theme park and movie tickets
- Employee wellness program
- Gym membership benefits
Viking was founded in 1997 and offers destination-focused journeys on rivers, oceans and lakes around the world. Designed for experienced travelers with interests in science, history, culture and cuisine, Chairman Torstein Hagen often says Viking offers guests “the thinking person’s cruise” in contrast to mainstream cruises. In its first five years of operation, Viking has been rated the #1 ocean cruise line in Travel + Leisure’s 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 “World’s Best” Awards.