Company Name: Smith's Food and Drug
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Job Functions:
- Courtesy Clerk/Grocery Bagger is responsible for bagging groceries at check out for customers
- Associate will strive for at least five items in the bag while ensuring that contents or items are not damaged.
- Courtesy Clerk/Grocery Bagger follows best practices for bagging items in various types of bags (reusable/plastic/paper).
- Associate will assist in removing customer's merchandise from bottom of bascart for checkout.
- Courtesy Clerk/Grocery Bagger will offer to help customers with loading bags into their car.
- Perform basic shelf conditioning.
- Inform customers of grocery specials.
- Return merchandise to store shelves.
- Gather bascarts and return them to designated areas.
- Clean spills, collect and pick up trash inside store and parking lot.
- Clean all areas inside and outside of store.
- Handle and assemble seasonal merchandise.
- Understand the store's layout, locate products, and conduct price checks for cashiers.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions, accidents, or issues and notify store management.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store
- Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Customer Service skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Retail Experience is preferred but not necessary
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety of others.
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Evening; Day
Jobs at Smith's: A division of the Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR) one of the nation’s largest grocery retailers, Smith’s currently operates 139 stores and 95 fuel stations throughout seven western states. Smith’s charitable giving, in partnership with 18,000+ associates, generous customers and suppliers, totaled $13.8 million in cash and food products to local organizations in 2015. For more information visit: www.smithsfoodanddrug.com or https://www.facebook.com/careerarsmiths.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: AZ || Fort Mohave || 4747 S Highway 95 || 86426 || Smith's Food and Drug || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None