Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. For more than 160 years, Macy’s has served generations at every stage of their lives. Our customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration.
Macy’s Marketing delivers a healthy, profitable customer franchise that is growing through engagement and acquisition. Our team leads strategic initiatives such as personalization and monetization, as well as our Star Rewards Loyalty program.
Take the helm of one of the world’s most beloved brands and help bring it to life for our customers. As part of our team, you’ll own, guide, and direct marketing efforts, motivating our customers to strengthen their relationship with our brand. Constantly creating, innovating, and exploring the new, you’ll drive customer engagement and loyalty while sparking excitement.
The Copywriter will develop strategic and persuasive copy that builds on brand strategy. Through mastery of our distinctive voice & best practices, the Copywriter will strengthen our brands, bringing our special products and services to life in an authentic, conversational style that engages consumers equally in digital, emerging and traditional media.
- Collaborates closely with designers and marketers within Marketing as well as with Project Management and other cross functional groups
- Effectively interprets and adapts information for each initiative and writes clear, concise and compelling copy to embody the voice of the brand.
- Proactively seeks effectiveness in advertising by understanding the needs of our customers and researching competitors’ advertisements and campaigns.
- Collaborates with partners to create synergy and integration in concept development as well as in execution across print and digital.
- Has knowledge of legal guidelines and formatting, ensuring compliance and consistency throughout projects.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes a high volume of work and coordinates with Project Management to effectively meet deadlines.
- Proofreads and self-edits to deliver work that is accurate and achieves standards of creative excellence and technical quality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- 1-2 years direct experience
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels.
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Proficiency in InDesign and Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of MS Office computer programs are required