Job descriptionJob Description:
Work from home!
The COBRA Specialist I provides superior Accuracy, Customer Service and Timely Turnaround while processing member enrollments and terminations in COBRA programs. This role also provides guidance to internal and external customers in accordance with federal COBRA regulations.
COBRA stands for the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act, which mandates an insurance program to provide qualified employees with the option to continue health insurance coverage after leaving employment.
$13.26/hour plus an extensive benefits and compensation package!
Key Result Areas
- Assists COBRA participants with questions regarding their COBRA payments and eligibility.
- Process terminations [HRIS, MyEnrollment and Manual] and order COBRA Packets in our proprietary software systems.
- With guidance, process monthly COBRA enrollments, payment and billing reports. Closely monitors timely filing regulatory regulations.
- Gathers information for open enrollment packets, rate changes and creates timeline for 1st level appeals.
- Under guidance of an experienced COBRA Specialist, research inquiries from internal and external customers as it relates to COBRA eligibility.
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA and HITRUST information security requirements to protect client information.
- Adheres to AmeriBen culture by demonstrating Integrity, Initiative, Good Judgment, and Teamwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure individual and group goals are achieved with Accuracy, Customer Service and Timely Turnaround.
High school degree, or equivalent
- Two  years of related office or administrative experience
- Understanding of COBRA regulations and HIPAA compliance
- Experience handling inbound and outbound calls.
- Knowledge of ERISA/Non-ERISA/HIPAA rules and regulations
AmeriBen is not yet hiring in the below states:
- Delaware Massachusetts Montana New Hampshire New York North Dakota Rhode Island South Dakota Vermont
AmeriBen is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an environment of diversity and inclusion for equal employment and advancement opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, disability, veteran or military status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are unable to use our online application process due to a disability, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected] or call 208-488-7654.