Job descriptionPlanned Parenthood of Southern New England
Care. No Matter What.
We are Planned Parenthood of Southern New England, one of the region’s largest and most trusted providers of reproductive health care. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide, the outstanding sexual health education we deliver, and our strong commitment to social justice. Working for Planned Parenthood is more than a job; it’s being a part of a powerful movement. Together, we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights for all people.
Position Summary: Planned Parenthood of Southern has an opening for a full time (37.5 hours per week) Clinic Assistant to work out of our Providence Rhode Island Health Center.
Schedule: at least 1 later evening shift and 1 weekend per month are required Job Responsibilities:
- Provides and supports the clinician in providing world class, quality healthcare services that support the whole person
- Provides excellent client centered customer service; makes certain the client is the center of all decision making
- Participates in health center effects to achieve established productivity and revenue cycle goals
- Partners with center manager and clinician to create efficient and effective system and processes to ensure business success and sustainability
- Knowledgeable of, understands and adheres to organizational and clinical standards, protocols, and policies
- Provide factual non-biased patient information and education necessary for the patient visit
- Performs technical clinical functions such as but not limited to: blood pressure, venipuncture, lab work, medical charting
- Performs basic office functions such as but not limited to: office reception, telephone triage, stocking supplies, filing, billing and coding, routine insurance data entry
- Ensures an environment that appreciates and embraces a variety of experiences and perspective which arise from differences in race, culture, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability and gender identity
- Solution-oriented; positive, optimistic, confident can-do attitude
- Ability to embrace a fast paced and dynamic environment where daily responsibilities could change frequently
- Demonstrated ability to handle highly confidential information with diplomacy and tact
- Must be comfortable when discussing sexuality, contraception, sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy options
- Must have attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is required
- Must be able to work mornings, evenings, weekends and have a reliable form of transportation
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Communicates clearly and directly, continually able to hear, reflect, and act on feedback related to identity and equity with the aim to learn
- Awareness of multiple group identities and their dynamics, and brings a high level of self-awareness, empathy and humility to interpersonal interactions
- Interest in expanding your knowledge about the role that racial inequity plays in our society, and are committed to building and/or deepening your commitment to racial equity in your work
- Due to our commitment to equity and fairness PPSNE does not negotiate salaries.
Please complete pre-screen questions and attach cover letter and resume for consideration.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Shirley Skoler Silver Spring, MD 20910 $50 - $60 an hour Today
The S3 Agency Remote From $70,000 a year EmployerActive 2 days ago
Breakfast Brunch Cafe Plano, TX 75075+1 location From $1,000 a week 23 days ago
Friends of the Children Salt Lake City, UT+1 location $46,000 a year 14 days ago
Constellis HagÃ¥tÃ±a, GU 96910+29 locations 30+ days ago