Summary: In this role you will be responsible for successfully completing property training and investigating, evaluating, and negotiating settlement of assigned claims to promote retention or purchase of insurance from the Enterprise.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- The following courses are to be completed during property training: Principles of Insurance, Home, and Commercial Policies, Principles of Investigation, SIU, Subrogation, Recorded Interviews, Customer Service, Negotiation Skills, Legal Concepts, Unfair Claims Settlement Practices Act, Interpreting Vendor/Expert Reports, Residential Construction Basics, Property Estimating, Claims Tools and Technology. Successful completion of course work required to remain in property role.
- Investigate, negotiate, and settle assigned claims.
- Maintain activity log on actions taken on each file and maintain diary system.
- Settle claims within authorized limits.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers by providing excellent customer service.
What You’ll Bring To The Company:
Bachelor’s degree or minimum of two years professional business experience is required. Must possess strong written and verbal communication and organization skills. Must have ability to interact with people in a professional manner. Should be familiar with basic operation of a PC and word processing and spreadsheet applications. State specific adjusters’ license may be required.
Grange Insurance Company, with $3 billion in assets and more than $1.3 billion in annual revenue, is an insurance provider founded in 1935 and based in Columbus, Ohio. Through its network of independent agents, Grange offers auto, home, life and business insurance protection. Life insurance offered by Grange Life Insurance and Kansas City Life Insurance. Grange Insurance Company and its affiliates serve policyholders in Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.
Who We Are:
We are committed to an inclusive work environment where we welcome and value diversity and inclusion. We hire great talent from a wide variety of backgrounds, and our associates are our biggest strength. The diversity of our associates, their backgrounds, experiences, and individual differences are the foundation for our success. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to “Be One Team”, “Deliver Excellence”, “Communicate Openly”, “Do the Right Thing”, and “Solve Creatively for Tomorrow”. We have active Associate Resource Groups and a Diversity and Inclusion Team, that focuses on professional development, networking, business value and community outreach; all which encourage and facilitate an environment that fosters learning, innovation, and growth. Together we use our individual experiences to learn from one another and grow as professionals and as humans.
We welcome the unique contributions that you bring from education, opinions, culture, beliefs, race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, sexual orientation, gender stereotyping, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, pregnancy, veteran status, and citizenship.
Grange Enterprise is proud to be part of the CEO Action for Diversity and Inclusion™, a national initiative of more than 1400 CEOs working for the advancement of diversity and inclusion within the workplace.