SIGN ON BONUS FOR NEW EMPLOYEES
- Job DescriptionPRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIESAssists with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, scheduling patients, and filing.Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.May document the provider's encounter with patients. Lists all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider. Transcribes patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATIONHigh school diploma or equivalent and graduate of an accredited school of medical assistingEXPERIENCENo experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSConstant standing and walking.Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication.Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting, squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial relationships.Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.Occasional lifting/moving patients.Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.Occasional driving.
- Additional Job DescriptionAdditional Job DescriptionSign on bonus available!SSM Health is looking for talented staff to join our SSM Health clinics. We have opportunities for MAs, EMTs, LPNs, and Paramedics.At SSM Health, you can expect a work environment where: You feel valued, respected and free to express yourself
Each employee finds meaning in work, leveraging skills and talents toward a greater purposeTeamwork and collaboration is encouraged, while management is supportiveMedical Assistants are required to obtain MA certification or registration within 12 months of hire.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $26.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Madison, WI 53717: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- EMR systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Vital signs: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Preferred)
Work Location: One location