The Sales Clerk I is a key service position in a fast paced environment that is expected to provide exceptional customer service through positive interaction. Although the Sagamok Mobil Express is an enterprise of the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe of Michigan, it operates under the Migizi Economic Development Company Policies and Procedures.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Greet customers entering establishment.
· Register merchandise vendors and service providers.
· Monitor customer activity at gas pumps.
· Count and record money in cash drawers at the beginning and ending of shift.
· Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
· Maintain orderly cash drawer.
· Maintain orderly, clean and sanitized work station.
· Observe surroundings for cleanliness and customer satisfaction.
· Price and stock coolers, shelves and clothing racks.
· Refer customer complaints to Store Supervisor or Store Manager.
· Obtain knowledge and follow tobacco and gas program policies.
· Must be available to work weekends, evenings, and holidays.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment/Safety Hazards:
Frequent use of hands, wrists and fingers associated with computer operation, cash handling, merchandise handling. Requires maintaining a physical condition necessary for standing or walking for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to lift items up to 50 lbs.
· 18 years of age.
· Successfully pass TIPS Alcohol Management within the first thirty (30) days of employment as a condition of continued employment.
· Pass a pre-assessment math test with an eighty (80) percent or higher.
· Pre-employment background check.
· Native American.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- "The Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe of Michigan, in accordance with the spirit of PL. 93-638, adopted January 4, 1975, will provide preference to Native Americans meeting minimum position qualifications who have equal qualifications for the position(s) to those of other applicants. Are you a Member of the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe of Michigan, a direct descendant of members of the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe of Michigan, or a member of a federally recognized Tribe indigenous to the U.S. or Canada?"
Work Location: One location