The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong learning programs.
At CCRI, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community. We strive to hire and retain culturally competent faculty and staff members who reflect the demographics of our state and our increasingly diverse student population.
We believe that our diversity is our strength. We celebrate, support and thrive on the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives that are represented across our four campuses.
We are OneCCRI, working together to prepare learners to achieve their highest potential.
To learn about what employees value at CCRI and what it means to work here, please read about our Guiding Principles and watch videos of our employees doing what they do best: https://www.ccri.edu/equity/culture/guidingprinciples.html
Assist students and faculty with bookstore and vendor processes. Answer questions related to textbooks, inclusive access and general information. Participate in student and faculty outreach campaigns including phone, texting, emails, webex, and in person. Assist with data entry, verification general office tasks and other duties as assigned
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet students and faculty during semester startups and buybacks.
- Assist with campus ID cards.
- Communicate to students, faculty, staff and the CCRI Community about adoptions and bookstore course materials.
- Perform clerical work, maintain files, and compile routine reports.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be proficient in MS software applications.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in retail, office, customer service in a related field.
Shift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information
Varies not to exceed 19 hrs a week Operating hours M-F 8-7
$21.00 Per hour
Additional Salary Information
Licenses, Tools and Equipment
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary or grant)
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $21.00 per hour