Hours: 8am – 4pm
About the role:
This role acts supports, executes, and coordinates calibration activities at the Coventry, RI site. Additionally, this role will manage external calibrations, as well as maintaining site calibration procedures, calibration related documentation and quality records.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage standards, and external calibrations with outside service vendors.
- Maintain a daily schedule of work to be performed with minimal supervision.
- Continually improve procedures and processes for Calibration of T&ME.
- Communicate calibration status with equipment owning departments.
- Work closely with Process Engineers, highlights calibration related issues, identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Investigates nonconforming events and internal deviations implementing corrective and preventive actions to ensure compliance to procedures and regulatory requirements
- Follow standard calibration procedures per Calibration SOP’s
- Install, calibrate, maintain, and repair analytical equipment (Gas Chromatograph and FTIR)
- Support Ethylene Oxide (EtO) sterilization chamber calibration
- Ensure sensors/instruments are calibrated, and meets necessary compliance, regulatory and quality standard requirements.
- Conduct preventative maintenance, perform equipment test, troubleshoot, and repair equipment as needed.
- Complete scheduled and unscheduled calibrations of test and measurement equipment (T&ME) onsite.
What we're looking for in you:
- 1 year of experience.
- Associates Degree in related field, or work experience in calibration of sensitive instruments.
- Regulated industry experience with capability to effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders.
- Continuous Improvement experience
- Effective listening and communication skills
- Experience with working on sensors (humidity, temperature, pressure, airflow, IR)
- 5+ years of work experience in equipment testing, calibration and troubleshooting; preferably in a laboratory setup.
- Experience with Blue Mountain Regulatory Asset Manager (BMRAM)
- Customer service focused
- Experience with analytical instruments and sensors such Gas Chromatographs, FTIR, flow meters, temperature, and humidity sensors.
- Clear communicator (verbal and written)
- Experience of working with vendors to coordinate calibration services
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic
- Positive attitude and strong desire to learn new skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages
- Minitab/excel experience
- Experience in Med Device field
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $22.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Coventry, RI: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- How many years of calibration experience do you have?
- Are you comfortable working with Ethylene Oxide as it is used in our sterilization process?
- Do you have regulated industry experience ?
- Do you have experience with any or all of the following; please list: Experience with analytical instruments and sensors such Gas Chromatographs, FTIR, flow meters, temperature, and humidity sensors
Work Location: One location