We are looking for the next amazing team member to join our eclectic group of architects, project managers, draftsmen and jacks-of-all-trades. We are a small firm, established in 2002, and are located on the exploding north-end of Colorado Springs. Our mission is simple: provide extraordinary architectural design for work & living spaces on ordinary client budgets. We believe in value through design; you don’t need to be a millionaire to have your ideal work/living space.
We focus on custom residential, dental/orthodontic offices, and a wide variety of commercial and religious facilities. Working in a small office affords you the opportunity to see all aspects of a project, from schematic design and client meetings to construction documents and construction administration.
Your typical day at Bucher Design Studio…
- Produce construction drawings in AutoCAD
- Create 3D exterior models in SketchUp (bonus: render in Lumion)
- Interact with clients – keep them apprised of project status, listen well so you can hear even the things they’re not saying
- Coordinate efforts between our office and engineers/consultants/contractors
- Assist in submitting projects to various jurisdictions and keeping the review process moving
- Collaborate with teammates – we help each other be successful in all aspects of work & life
- Contribute to the success of the firm by completing administrative tasks (e.g. update timesheet, keep project files organized, inform team members of project status, answer phones)
To be a successful addition to our team, you need to…
- Have experience working in an architecture firm (2 years minimum, 3-5 years preferred)
- Thrive in an ever-changing environment, juggling multiple small- to medium-sized projects
- Be passionate about proactive communication with clients, partners and team members
- Embrace continuous learning – there’s always an opportunity to learn something new
- Be technically savvy in AutoCAD and SketchUp
- Enjoy a good laugh and not be afraid to “work hard, play hard”
What we have to offer…
- Meaningful work. This is your opportunity to help clients realize their dream work or living space within their budget.
- A collaborative environment. Be part of a synergistic team where we help each other become the best-version-of-ourselves.
- Competitive salary. The right person for this position will be thrilled with their compensation package.
- Variety and valuable experience. Your work day will never be boring as you manage a wide range of projects in various stages of the design process.
- The long view. In a world of instant gratification, we stand firm in doing what’s right for our clients, partners and employees for the long-term.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Colorado Springs, CO 80921: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Associate (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Required)
- architectural drafting in an Architecture office: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location