To process donations from donors to retail. This includes, but not limited to, accepting, sorting and pricing donated items. This includes but is not limited to compliance with company policies and standards, procedures, and the Palmer Home Thrift Stores’ Mission Statement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Is able to daily perform any of the required job duties within the processing team. This includes all requirements related to accepting donations, presorting and pricing merchandise.
- As needed, welcome donors in a timely manner in a way that they feel confident that Palmer Home Thrift Stores appreciates them and understands their value.
- As needed, handle the receiving and donation process with the utmost respect and care including, greeting the donor, assisting in unloading donations, telling the Palmer Home story, repeating details back to donor and issuing a receipt.
- Help maintain clean and well organized reception, presort and processing areas.
- Maintain clean and well organized personal processing station.
- Adhere to, daily, all employee policies and procedures outlined in the Employee Policy and Procedures manual and the Palmer Home Thrift Stores’ Mission Statement.
- Ability to recognize quality merchandise and effectively research market value of product.
- Work with and effectively communicate with the Processing Manager, other processing employees and donors on a daily basis.
- Daily serve with fellow employees so that there is a healthy and productive work environment.
- Review Cyfe Dashboard daily to understand and communicate targets to team.
- Helps motivate and encourage processing team to adhere to daily and weekly production goals.
- Collaborate with Processing Manager on outstanding items that may need to be addressed in the department.
- Assist in delegating tasks and responsibilities with the Processing Manager, especially when Manager is not on shift.
- Ability to produce quick and accurate work in a face-paced environment, successfully staying above company average of pieces produces per hour.
- Understand and comply with policies and procedures related to donated items, including prohibited items and pricing guides.
- Effectively use the donation receiving script to communicate appreciation, the Palmer Home Story, and Corner of Your Field to donors.
- Practicing believer in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Belief that the Bible is God’s true Word.
- Commitment to growth in relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and in Christian maturity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be a people person with a pleasant and willing attitude and have a servant’s heart.
- Must have a friendly, smiling demeanor.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) with an excellent command of the English language.
- Ability to write in legible clear handwriting.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must have a commitment to Palmer Home Thrift Stores’ mission and mission statement.
- Must be detail-oriented and have solid organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a problem solver and be able to work with a minimum of supervision and take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must possess a demonstrable level of skill and proficiency in planning so to meet established goals.
- Computer skills to include general typing skills.
- Ability to access web sites to help evaluate the value of donated items.
- Ability to read and define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED required.
Stand – up to 100% of a standard work day.
Walk – up to 75% of a standard work day.
Sit – less than 10% of a standard work day.
Use hands to perform required duties – up to 100% of a standard work day.
Lifting and Bending – up to 75% of a standard work day.
Talk or hear – As needed throughout a standard work day.
Moderate physical activity. Depending on location, this position may require frequent strenuous activity. Able to lift at least 50 pounds. Use hands to lift, sort, clean, organize throughout a standard work day. Depending on location, this position may work in a warehouse setting with some outdoor exposure throughout the workday.
Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more).
Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point).
Depth perception (three dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships).
Ability to adjust focus (adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
Part time to full time, Monday through Saturday, up to a maximum of 40 hours per week.
Attendance at specific meetings, off-site events or training, as required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $14.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location