Overview: Lourdes University, rooted in Catholic and Franciscan traditions, provides a values-centered education that enriches lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of the liberal arts and professional studies. In support of this mission, Lourdes University nurtures a diverse community that supports students in fulfilling their potential; commits to the engagement of faith and reason, inspired by our Catholic and Franciscan intellectual traditions, and provides a holistic, student-centered education rooted in the liberal arts.
Lourdes University’s College of Business and Leadership invites applicants for the position of Assistant/ Associate Professor of Accounting. This is a full-time, nine-month, faculty position beginning in the Fall of 2022.
This position will teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Accounting and Business. Faculty load is four (4) courses per semester in face-to-face, hybrid or online academic format.
- Teach a range of courses related to finance and business
- Identify and implement potential internships
- Participate in student recruitment and retention initiatives
- Develop and assess curriculum
- Supervise internships and/or capstone projects
- Advise students
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- High ethics and social responsibility
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with first generation students and advise students on academic matters including course scheduling
- Ability to provide guidance and advice for students regarding academics and career development
- Ability to demonstrate dedication to the mission of Lourdes University, evidence of excellence in teaching and potential for significant scholarship and/or demonstrated experience in a professional role
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, Ph.D., or Ed.D. preferred
- Professional experience in accounting is preferred
- Teaching experience and varied scholarly activity will be given preference
Lourdes University is developing a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in an inclusive environment where differences are valued and respected. Successful candidates must be committed to working with diverse student and community populations. People of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, other minorities, and intersectional individuals are encouraged to apply.
Please attach full CV when applying
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Master's (Required)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location