Job descriptionArchitectural Associate
Career Area: Architecture
What We're Looking For:
Barge Design Solutions, Inc. is seeking an Architectural Associate in our Nashville, TN office. This position reports to the Architectural Department Manager and assist in all phases of design and construction, coordinating with other interns and designers in the architectural disciplines, and others in the engineering disciplines.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Under the direction of project architect or senior designer, prepares construction documents utilizing CAD and BIM software based on instructions given
- Under the direction of project architect, prepare presentation documents using a variety of graphic software such as Photoshop, Lumion, of SketchUp
- Performs basic designs, calculations and project programming activities with moderate supervision, based on level of experience
- Assist project architect in the review of submittals and responding to contractors' requests for information (RFIs)
- Duties will increase in complexity as experience grows
- Assist in departmental duties such as record-keeping, filing, updating library, general activities such as periodic cleaning and purging of obsolete documents
- Tasks will be assigned in a manner that prepares the intern for the Architectural Registration Exam (ARE).
- The intern will be exposed to a variety of duties that correlate with NCARB's Architect Experience Program (AXP)
- Additional responsibilities as needed
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture from an NAAB-accredited university
- Must be on track to become a Licensed Architect
- Basic (College or University) level of proficiency with CAD software such as AutoCAD and Revit. Additional experience with these platforms in a work setting is a plus.
- Working proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Proficiency with other presentation software such as SketchUp, Photoshop or Lumion is desirable
- Please upload or provide a link to your portfolio with your resume.
Why join us?
Barge Design Solutions, Inc., is an engineering and architecture firm with diverse in-house multidisciplinary practice areas. The employee-owned company is more than 400-people strong and serves clients nationwide from multiple U.S. locations. Barge is ranked No. 171 on Engineering News-Record (ENR)'s 2021 Top 500 Design Firms list, is No. 177 on Architectural Record's Top 300 Architecture Firms and is a certified Great Place To Work®.
Our primary purpose for being in business is ultimately to create a better life by unleashing the potential of our people, clients and communities. This purpose is supported by our company's core values because at the end of the day, Barge CARES:
- Collaborate - Help and expect help. Teamwork is essential in what we do.
- Authentic - Honesty, integrity and trust are at the heart of everything we do. We are who we say we are.
- Responsible - We are accountable for our work, our attitude, and our actions. We make Barge better.
- Excellence - We go all in and expect more of ourselves than others expect of us.
- Service - We are humble. We use our gifts in service of others.
We believe that if we are living out our purpose for being in business and integrating our values into everything we do, we will ultimately achieve our vision to be the firm best known for being selected when it matters most.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
ASI Staff, Inc Jasper, AL+1 location 30+ days ago
Johns Hopkins Health System Baltimore, MD 21201 (Middle East area)+3 locations Just posted
New Apprenticeship Austin, TX 78701 (Downtown area) $40,000 - $50,000 a year 4 days ago
Free Covid Check Indianapolis, IN 46250 (Castleton area) $16 - $18 an hour 30+ days ago