The Agriculture Facilitator supports the ministry of Convoy of Hope (COH) by working to promote the successful implementation of Agriculture programming within COH Program Centers and communities in Puerto Rico to improve local nutrition, health and food security.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies agricultural opportunities and support COH program participants with the goal of improving food security in their communities.
- Assesses, teaches and facilitates training sessions in agriculture-related topics.
- Implements and advises on agriculture projects in rural and urban areas.
- Creates agriculture curriculum specific to project needs.
- Produces high quality agriculture activity reports on a quarterly basis or as requested by the Program Director.
- Leads in development of agriculture projects in local schools, communities and churches.
- Meets with and reports regularly to HQ Agriculture specialists to discuss current projects.
- As a member of the Global Program working group, all other duties as assigned.
Required, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in General Agriculture, Agronomy, Plant Science, Animal Science, or any other related field, with training in the following areas:
- Soil analysis using portable kits
- Gardening programs for both urban and rural environments
- Curriculum interpretation and creation
- Global Food Security
- Pest management practices
- Agricultural context of local communities
- Animal husbandry
- At least 3 year(s) of Agriculture industry experience.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Spanish required.
- Ability to use Mac or PC equipment and software proficiently, including but not limited to Gmail and Microsoft Suites.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of an integrated team.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Comfortable traveling to various Program Centers and other project sites within Puerto Rico.
- Serve as an advocate for the ministry, striving to nurture, broaden and develop financial and other resource opportunities to support and expand organizational and program ministry.
- Ability to positively represent the ministry of Convoy of Hope, including its mission statement and core values, to all outside constituencies.
- As a Christian organization, Convoy of Hope believes it is critical that each staff member embraces the organization's religious purposes for which it exists and not only agrees with its Statement of Faith but demonstrates it in their lives on an ongoing basis.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None at this time.
Location: Calle 6 A 100 Santa Monica, Bayamón, PR 00957
Job Type: Full-time