We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and self-starting Air and Ocean Export Agent with a primary focus on ocean export shipments within out general cargo department. The ideal candidate will have experience working in international freight forwarding and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Come grow with us and join our dynamic team of freight forwarding professionals.
When joining Pentagon Freight Services, you will enjoy an inclusive workplace community, a culture of flexibility, and extensive learning opportunities that are tailored to support your career development. We are committed to supporting a culture of equality and inclusion. You will be part of a culturally diverse workplace that works as “One Pentagon” to provide best-in-class customer services to our clients and customers.
The Company’s mission, vision and values are what connects the Pentagon team members around the globe and what sets us apart from the competition. Come be part of something great! Join the Pentagon team!
Why work for Pentagon:
- Competitive Pay
- Challenging work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Generous PTO plan that we actually want you to use!
- Free benefits option for employees and their children
- Did we mention Competitive Salary!
- Create export documentation for outgoing air and ocean shipments and ensures accuracy of all documentation. With a primary focus on ocean shipments.
- Have knowledge and understanding of AES filing requirements.
- Review shipping requirements and identify the most cost-effective methods
- Ensure documentation is accurately processed, distributed and released to carrier, customers and agents in a timely manner.
- Communicate with overseas agents to ensure proper pre-alerts and documentation.
- Notify clients on statues of shipment and maintain proactive communication with clients
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with export carriers, transportation agencies and sales
- Knowledge of FCL, LCL and breakbulk bookings
- Source methods of transportation and create quotes for the customer.
- Ensure the proper and timely billing of customers.
- Act as back-up for team members.
- Provide best-in-class freight forwarding and logistics services at all times.
- A high attention to detail with strong planning and organizational skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- A team player and can do attitude
- Thrives on providing excellent customer service
- Unquestionable honesty and integrity
- 5+ years Ocean Export and experience (experience in both Air and Ocean highly preferred)
- Have experience and is comfortable with processing files A - Z
- High school Diploma required
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a team environment
- CargoWise experience highly preferred
Job Type: Full-time