Michael Best & Friedrich LLP is looking for an on-site Administrative Assistant for our Washington D.C. office. This position will be responsible for providing general administrative support to our Partner-level professionals.
What You'll Be Doing
- Be the main administrative support and gatekeeper for the Partners, and perform tasks such as:
- Coordinating internal meetings
- Preparing internal and external correspondence with clients
- Fielding phone correspondence from both internal and external sources for the Partners
- Organizing, tracking, and updating client information
- Assist with completing and submitting expense reports
- Submitting invoices for processing
- Assist with booking travel arrangements, and sending communications to Firm location(s) regarding impending or booked travel plans
- Manage extremely active calendars of appointments for multiple Partners
- Work closely and effectively with the assigned professionals to keep them well informed and up to date on upcoming commitments and responsibilities. When needed, reach out to others, internally and externally
- Work with other Firm professionals to prepare proposals, engagement letters, and client facing documents that are necessary to the a portion of the Partner’s Litigation practice.
- Prioritize conflicting needs under occasional rapidly-shifting deadlines
- Apply discretion and maintain the integrity, accuracy, compliance, and confidentiality of all related documents and records, both in paper and electronic formats
- Other administrative and support tasks, as assigned
Bring Your Best
Knowledge Base & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous experience working as an administrative assistant for a lobbying firm, trade association, Federal Agency, Capitol Hill or equivalent preferred
- Ability to build relationships with critical executive assistants within client and key influencer networks
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various demands, and demonstrate the highest level of internal and external client service and response
- Excellent communication skills via telephone, email, and in-person
- Technologically savvy, with an advanced-level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Teams, Zoom and Webex
- Strong organizational skills with excellent judgment and attention to detail
- Must be able to function and produce results in a fast-paced, professional environment
- Ability to learn and embrace new skills and best practices as the position evolves and Firm needs change
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to develop relationships and foster teamwork at all levels of the Firm
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a diverse group of internal and external clients, attorneys, and staff
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage confidential information and sensitive situations with tact and discretion
Problem Solving Skills:
- Ability and confidence to identify and analyze issues, make decisions, and initiate actions/solutions
- Ability to respond to unexpected challenges, including proactively developing innovative solutions to complex problems while maintaining a professional demeanor
- Ability to maintain composure and demonstrate good judgment
- Valid authorization to work in the U.S.
This is an opportunity to work with the Best. We are Michael Best & Friedrich, LLP. We are a full-service law firm with more than 350 lawyers and technical professionals who work in collaborative, interdisciplinary practices to serve clients around the world.
We work with companies in all kinds of industries, as well as trade associations, nonprofits, educational institutions, governments, family trusts, and high-net-worth individuals. Since our firm’s founding in 1848, we’ve continuously evolved to meet our clients’ changing needs and expectations. One thing remains the same: For generations, clients have relied on Michael Best for exceptional legal service and business acumen.
We have offices in Wisconsin (Milwaukee, Madison, Manitowoc, Waukesha);* Illinois* (Chicago); Utah (Cottonwood Heights, Salt Lake City); Colorado (Denver, Broomfield); Texas (Austin); North Carolina (Charlotte, Raleigh, Wilmington); and Washington D.C. Our contemporary office spaces are ideal for concentration and collaboration; supporting our culture of working together to make great things happen for our Clients. This position will be based in our Washington D.C. office.
Why You Should Apply
At Michael Best, we are proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive Total Rewards package that provides a variety of resources designed to enhance its employees’ overall well-being, both at work and at home. Competitive base pay, outstanding benefits, opportunities for learning and growth, all programs designed to help you plan for the future, and perks that inspire your downtime are all part of our total compensation package.
- Learning and Growth*
- Challenging and Dynamic Role
- Career Development Planning
- Professional Growth Opportunities
- Performance Management and Coaching
- Specialized Training Programs
Health & Wellness*
- Vision Care
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Competitive Base Pay
- Annual Merit Review/Incentive Pay
- Outstanding Benefits
- Generous PTO Plus 9 Paid Holidays
*Planning for the Future
- 401(k) with Company Contribution
- Short Term Disability Plan
- Long Term Disability Plan
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Parental/Family Leave
Culture and Workplace*
- Respected organization with Collaborative Culture
- Growing Firm with an Exciting Future
- Healthy Work-Life Balance
- Contemporary Work Environment
- Positive and Respectful Work Climate
- Performance Recognition
The position is an office-based position, based in our Washington, D.C. location. The role is primarily scheduled weekdays (Mon-Fri.) during first-shift hours. Occasional projects and initiatives will require the flexibility to occasionally work during second-shift hours.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk or hear; and use hands to handle or touch objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion, the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up-to 25 pounds within an office environment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to read on a computer screen, and ability to adjust focus.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation. Candidates must be able to satisfactorily meet the physical demands listed, with or without reasonable accommodation.
To be considered for this position, please submit an application via our online portal.
We are not accepting search firm submissions at this time.
Michael Best & Friedrich LLP, Michael Best Strategies LLC, and Michael Best Consulting LLC (collectively known as "Michael Best") are steadfastly committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination based upon age, race, religion, color, disability, marital status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact our Recruiting team at 414.225.4999 or [email protected] to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job Type: Full-time