Accounting Assistant - District OfficeFUNCTION: Perform day-to-day third party and billing function. Effective coordination and communication with the A/R team and customers is critical. Essential Job Functions:
- Monitors third party contract accounts. Prepares billing, invoices and reports to other college staff.
- Answers correspondence, phone, and electronic mail concerning third party payments by responding verbally or in writing; contacts third parties for items not received (ex. Purchase orders, letter of request to bill etc.).
- Correct and/or adjust Third Party student accounts. Troubleshoots billing issues with students and/or authorized designated third parties.
- Obtains information from various divisions of departments or outside agencies in order to maintain accurate balances accounts receivable
- Perform clerical duties such as sorting mail, filing and typing, operates variety of general office equipment.
- Creates credit balance reports for review.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist in campus registration with requests from Campus Business Offices and students for setting up and answering questions regarding third party billings.
- Ability to shift quickly between several tasks without loss of continuity
- Ability to recognize quickly the details of new assignments or problems
- Be able to independently identify and undertake additional tasks to be accomplished
- Listen actively and demonstrate understanding
- Must be detail oriented, organized self starter, customer friendly with the ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to multi-task and be able to operate all office equipment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet constant deadlines
- Ability to work beyond scheduled hours when required.
- Detail-oriented with skills in proofreading materials and data entry to ensure accuracy on various reports
- Effective keyboarding skills and knowledge of related software
- Ability to organize data
- Ability to read and interpret job documentation
- Ability to provide accurate information or assistance to students, staff, faculty, and the general public in a timely and courteous manner
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards with minimal supervision within the assigned time frame.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to keep up-to-date on changes in policies and procedures to maintain current working knowledge
- Be reliable and follow through on commitments, producing timely work to required or higher standards
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion, especially with regards to sensitive or confidential personnel or organizational matters.
- Position requires the ability to respond flexibly and positively in all circumstances, and to work calmly under pressure including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds. Must be willing to contribute to cultural diversity for educational enrichment
- Work requires the ability to perform general math calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, as well as various statistical calculations.
- Work requires the ability to write reports, memos, requests, and general correspondence.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrate high proficiency with MS Excel.
- Ability to adhere to college values
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate Degree in Accounting or similar field
- 2+ years of progressive accounting experience.
- Experience in a higher education environment.
Note: This position has opportunity for limited remote work arrangements with appropriate approvals and in accordance with the policies, procedures, and needs of the College.
Salary Grade: 14
Salary is based on the Board-approved salary schedule for the current fiscal year. See Salary Schedule
Requisition Number: req3693
Posting Close Date: 5/30/2022
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Macy's Sioux Falls, SD 57106 $15.00 - $15.25 an hour 2 days ago
Foot Locker Omaha, NE 68114 30+ days ago
Ethos Cannabis Hazleton, PA 18202+5 locations From $16 an hour EmployerActive 2 days ago
Deloitte San Juan, PR 00917 (Hato Rey Norte area)+106 locations 1 day ago